The City of Lebanon's Winter Parking Ban begins on December 1st and continues through April 1st, between the hours of 12:00 am and 6:00 am.
City of Lebanon Code 168-06 “Winter Parking” prohibits the parking of vehicles during the above date and times on any street in the City of Lebanon. Per the ordinance:
- No person shall between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 AM from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle on any street or sidewalk within the City of Lebanon except any emergency vehicles.
- Park any motor vehicle in the Hough Square parking lot, so-called.
- The Chief of Police may, when deemed necessary because of weather conditions, suspend enforcement of this section upon giving notification of said suspension to the City Manager.
- No person shall between the hours of 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM on the mornings of Monday, Wednesday and Friday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot A (the parking lot adjacent to Hanover Street and the Mall) and Lot C (the parking lot off Flynn Street in the rear of City Hall) so-called.
- No person shall between the hours of 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM on the mornings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot B (the parking lot adjacent to the Mascoma River, railroad track area and Carter-Witherell Center playground) so-called.
Additional rules to follow include:
- We also ask that you do not park on, or obstruct the sidewalks; parking on the sidewalks is always prohibited.
- Please do not obstruct or block the sidewalks, this forces walkers to walk out into traffic and prevents the sidewalk tractors from plowing the sidewalks; No one is grandfathered when it comes to blocking or parking on a sidewalk.
- Cars and trash bins blocking the sidewalks cause undue safety hazards for both the plow operators and the citizens attempting to use them.
- During a winter storm if you see a plow truck coming off a side street, please allow room for the plow to operate. Most times the plow will be backing up to re-enter the street it just left.
Questions regarding the winter parking ban can be directed to the Public Works Department at 603-448-3112.
Winter Parking Ban Map