What should I do if I find a stray dog?

The Lebanon Police Department occasionally receives calls about found dogs and we are happy to help when we can. 

If the dog is not friendly and/or you cannot approach it, please call the Lebanon Police Department at 603-448-1212.

The following are tips you can follow if the dog you find is friendly and lets you approach it:

  • Check for an ID tag with name, address, or phone number.
  • Bring the dog to a veterinary hospital to scan for microchip.
  • Bring the dog to the Upper Valley Humane Society, 300 Old Route 10, Enfield, NH.
  • You can also call the Lebanon Police Department at 603-448-1212. We have a long-standing relationship with the Upper Valley Humane Society and are able to transport dogs there after hours. 

Another frequently asked question we receive is whether we have an animal control department. The City of Lebanon does not have an Animal Control Department or Animal Control Officer. Please see our Animal Control FAQ for more information about how to report an animal control issue.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay my ticket?
2. Where can I park in the Downtown Lebanon area?
3. Does the City of Lebanon have an animal control department?
4. What should I do if I find a stray dog?
5. Are vehicles bearing a valid disabled parking permit subject to the parking space/zone time limit restrictions?
6. How do I get my fingerprints taken?
7. How do I request to have references to my arrest record removed from publicly posted police logs?
8. When is the Winter Parking Ban in Effect?
9. What is the Winter Parking Ban?
10. Will my vehicle be towed during the Winter Parking Ban?
11. What do I do if my car was towed?
12. How do I get a copy of my accident report?
13. I think I have received a scam call. What should I do?
14. How do I apply for a pistol permit?