Following a public hearing on June 20, 2018, the Lebanon City Council adopted an ordinance to establish a Board of Cemetery Trustees.
The Board of Cemetery Trustees shall consist of five members who shall be appointed by the City Council. The members shall include one representative from each of the three wards and two at-large members. All members shall be residents of the City of Lebanon.
In determining each member’s qualifications, the City Council shall take into consideration the appointee’s demonstrated interest and ability to understand, appreciate, and promote the purpose of the Board of Cemetery Trustees. Examples for qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- a genuine interest in municipal cemeteries, burial grounds, and community
- a general knowledge of cemetery procedures
- familiarity with the RSAs governing Cemetery Trustees
- a readiness to devote time and effort to the duties associated with service on the Board
- the ability to work well with other Trustees, City officials, and the public
- and the willingness to adhere to City policies.
Qualified residents are encouraged to review the following information and submit a Board Member Application.
The cutoff date to submit applications is Monday, July 16th. All interviews will be completed by Friday, July 20th and appointments will be announced at the August 1st Council meeting. Feel free to contact the City Clerk’s Office at 603-448-3054 or email@example.com if you need additional information.