The City Council is accepting applications for membership on a newly established Arts & Culture Task Force. At its March 21, 2018 meeting, the City Council took action to establish an Arts and Culture Task Force to be comprised of the following:
- 2 City Councilors
- 3 Members of the Public (Lebanon residency preferred, but not required)
- 2 Local Arts Representatives (Lebanon residency not required)
- 1 Economic Vitality Exchange Committee Member
- 1 Heritage Commission
Member objectives, goals, and outcomes of the Task Force include:
- Identifying and cataloging all of the arts and cultural opportunities in the City;
- Exploring the purpose, development, and implementation of an Arts and Cultural District in Lebanon and submitting a recommendation to the City Council; and
- Defining and exploring the intersection of the Art, Public Art, Economic Development, and Government in the City
If you are interested in serving as a member of the Arts & Culture Task Force, please submit your application by Friday, April 13, 2018. You will be asked:
- Why you are interested in serving on the Task Force;
- Any background relating to your work in the Arts; and
- Your availability for meetings.
Decisions on membership will be announced by Mayor Prentiss at the April 18, 2018 City Council meeting. The initial kickoff for the Task Force is planned for the week of May 14, 2018. The Task Force is expected to complete its work within six months.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Deputy City Manager