The 2017 holiday season is rapidly coming to a close. You are left with wonderful memories, beautiful songs, delicious food, and... loads of trash. The great thing about trash is: most of it is easily recyclable. Here are a few dos and don'ts to remember as you clean up after the holiday season.
Holiday Recycling Dos
- Recycle wrapping paper with mixed paper.
- Recycle holiday cards with mixed paper.
- Recycle gift boxes with cardboard.
- Old electronics? Recycle them at Best Buy or at the Lebanon Recycling Center (fees may apply).
- Got a Christmas tree? Remove all lights, ornaments, garland, and treestands then drop it at the brush pile at the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility.
Holiday Recycling Don’ts
- Foil backed wrapping paper is NOT recyclable.
- Aluminum food plates, trays, and foil WITH food on them are not recyclable. Please remove all food before recycling these items.
- Christmas trees with lights and ornaments on them are NOT recyclable. Please remove lights and decorations before recycling.
- Ribbon is NOT recyclable.
If you have questions about recycling at the Lebanon Recycling Center; just ask. Our staff is here to help. You can also visit our "What Goes Where?" page.
The Lebanon Solid Waste Division would like to wish all our customers a very happy and healthy 2018.