The winter parking ban in Lebanon is now in effect and will be enforced until April 1st for all streets and City parking lots in Lebanon. Please review "City of Lebanon Code §168-6 Winter Parking" below for complete details:
A. No person shall between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle on any street or sidewalk within the City of Lebanon except any emergency vehicles; or
- Park any motor vehicle in the Hough Square parking lot, so-called.
- The Chief of Police may, when deemed necessary because of weather conditions, suspend enforcement of this section upon giving notification of said suspension to the City Manager.
B. No person shall between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on the mornings of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot "A" (the parking lot adjacent to Hanover Street and the Mall) and Lot "C" (the parking lot off Flynn Street in the rear of City Hall), so-called.
C. No person shall between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on the mornings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot "B" (the parking lot adjacent to the Mascoma River, railroad track area and Carter-Witherell Center playground), so-called.
- The City also asks that you do not park on, or obstruct the sidewalks; parking on the sidewalks is always prohibited.
- Please do not obstruct or block the sidewalks, this forces walkers to walk out into traffic and prevents the sidewalk tractors from plowing the sidewalks; No one is grandfathered when it comes to blocking or parking on a sidewalk. Cars and trash bins blocking the sidewalks cause undue safety hazards for both the plow operators and the citizens attempting to use them.
- During a winter storm if you see a plow truck coming off a side street, please allow room for the plow to operate. Most times the plow will be backing up to re-enter the street it just left.
Questions regarding the winter parking ban can be directed to the Public Works Department at 603-448-3112.