The City of Lebanon Solid Waste & Recycling Facility has implemented important changes to its waste disposal guidelines. All Lebanon residents and residents in authorized participating communities are required to obtain a Solid Waste permit through the EB2gov platform to use the facility.
Please note the following updates:
- Customized Purple Trash Bags: 15 and 30-gallon customized purple trash bags, made with up to 70% recycled content are available at local retailers. Thirty-gallon bags are sold in rolls of 5, and 15-gallon bags in rolls of 10. Each roll costs $10, inclusive of disposal fees.
- Mandatory Bagging: All regular household trash, Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) brought to the landfill must be bagged. Unbagged trash in cans is no longer acceptable.
- Minimum Scale Fee for Unbagged Items: If your items are not bagged, you are required to use the scale, with a minimum fee of $30.
- Clear Containers for Transport: If you choose to transport your bagged trash in a container, the container must be clear to allow staff to easily count the number of bags.
- Pre-Paid Bag Requirement for Non-Residents: Non-Lebanon residents must use these pre-paid, purple trash bags as the method of payment for disposing of bagged waste. Punch cards are not accepted for non-residents.
- PAYT Program Options: Punch cards remain available for Lebanon residents, for bagged trash only. The use of customized purple trash bags is an additional option in our PAYT (Pay-As-You-Throw) Program.
- Credit Cards: Credit cards are the required form of payment for all users to dispose of all non-bagged, itemized, and/or scale-weighed bulky waste.
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines, which aim to streamline the waste disposal process and support our environmental initiatives. Thank you for helping keep Lebanon clean and green!
If you have questions, please contact the Solid Waste & Recycling Facility through the secure online portal by visiting LebanonNH.gov/Contact.