The new online solid waste permitting platform is live on the Solid Waste Permits website and ready to use. Residential users in all communities are required to have an updated permit by December 31, 2023 in order to maintain access to the Solid Waste Facility. It is advised that all users apply for permits as soon as possible regardless of the expiration date of current permits. Apply today!
As we worked through the implementation process, a number of changes have been put in place to streamline internal processes and increase the efficiency of operations. Changes to the permitting process include:
- Permits will now be $5.00* (this is true for users in all communities including Lebanon residents).
- Permits must be obtained online using the new software platform.*
- Permits are required to be renewed annually. They will expire one year from the date of issuance. Permit holders will receive an email from the permitting software reminding them of the need to renew.
- Permits will now be associated with the license plate of a vehicle. Vehicle information must be entered when completing the permit application. Two vehicles (two license plates) are allowed per household.
*Should Lebanon residents need assistance in obtaining a permit, they may schedule an in-person appointment with Solid Waste staff by emailing Solid Waste Manager Erica Douglas. The fee for in-person permits is $15.00.
Proof of residency is required whether applying online or in person. Accepted forms of proof of residency include:
- a most recent tax bill
- vehicle registration
- driver’s license (must include a physical address. PO boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
- non-driver/state-issued photo identification card
- utility bill
- lease agreement.
Your proof of residency must include your full name and your physical address. PO boxes are not accepted. When completing the online application, you will need to upload a copy of whatever you are using for proof of residency, so please have it available before beginning the form.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email with your permit attached. Please bring your permit with you when you visit the Solid Waste Facility. When you arrive at the Solid Waste Facility, show your permit to the attendant at the scale house to have your permit scanned and validated. You can present your permit on paper or show it on your digital device.
As a reminder, punch cards are available for use by all residential users until December 31, 2023. Beginning January 1, 2024, non-Lebanon residents will be required to dispose of bagged waste in pre-paid bags or pay for disposal of other waste by use of a credit card. For information on pre-paid bags and where to purchase them, please visit our Pay-As-You-Throw page on the website. More information on the availability of credit card use will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this change in process. Visit our Solid Waste Permits page for additional information or contact Solid Waste Manager, Erica Douglas if you have questions.