The following are the proposed amendments that will appear on the March 14, 2023, Municipal Election ballot. Frequently asked questions, as well as answers regarding the amendments, are available online and will be provided at each polling location.
Adopt proposed Section 509 (“Cottage Developments”) and amend the R-1, R-2, R-3, R-O, and R-O-1 district tables to allow Cottage Developments by Conditional Use Permit.
Revise the regulations for manufactured housing developments to modify the allowed density and the required manufactured housing layout, utility, and siting standards to be comparable to the existing conditions found in manufactured housing developments that already exist within the City.
In the Rural Lands Three (RL-3) District, change “accessory use to any one-family dwelling” from a use allowed by Special Exception to a permitted use.
Amend Section 610 (“Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)”) to allow an accessory dwelling unit for an owner-occupied two-family dwelling. In addition to requiring that the property is occupied by the property owner, the ADU will be subject to the design requirements, size limitations, and all other applicable regulations set forth in Section 610 of the Zoning Ordinance.
Zoning Amendments Review Schedule
- November 15, 2022 - Public informational Meeting 1 (watch the meeting recording)
- November 21, 2022 - Planning Board (view agenda)
- November 22, 2022 - Zoning Board (view agenda)
- December 8, 2022 - Conservation Commission (view agenda)
- December 19, 2022 - Planning Board
- December 20, 2022 - Public Informational Meeting 2 (view details)
- January 4, 2023 - City Council (view agenda)
- January 18, 2023, the City Council adopted amendments to the Zoning Ordinance
- March 8, 2023 - Public Informational Meeting 3 at Kilton Library, West Lebanon - JOIN US!
- March 14, 2023 - Vote on ballot amendments. Voter approval for amendments impacts residential uses and dimensional regulations.
If you have further questions about the proposed amendments, please contact the Planning & Development Department Director at 603-448-1524 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org