At its February 15, 2023 meeting, the Lebanon City Council took action to increase the exemption amounts for the City’s Elderly Tax Exemption Program.
To qualify for this exemption:
- The applicant must be 65 years old before April 1 of the tax year for which the application is being made;
- The applicant must have resided in New Hampshire for at least three (3) years and owned their home individually or jointly prior to April 1 of the tax year for which the application is made;
- The application must be filed by April 15 for the current tax year;
- The applicants’ total Gross Income may not exceed:
- $45,000 for a single person or
- $65,000 for a married couple
- The applicants’ total Net Assets (excluding the value of the residence and up to two acres) may not exceed $100,000.
Exemption amounts are age-dependent, and the eligible amount is subtracted from the total assessment before the current tax rate is applied.
For more information or to obtain an application, please visit LebanonNH.gov/ElderlyExemption. Should you have questions please contact the Assessing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 603-448-1499.