Now that the holiday season has come to an end, you are left with wonderful memories, beautiful songs, delicious food, and... loads of trash. The great thing about trash is: most of it is easily recyclable. Here are a few dos and don'ts to remember as you clean up after the holiday season. You can also visit our "What Goes Where?" page or use our Betterbin Recycling App to learn more.
Holiday Recycling Dos
The following items can be recycled
- Recycle wrapping paper with mixed paper.
- Recycle holiday cards with mixed paper.
- Recycle gift boxes with cardboard.
- Old electronics? Recycle them at Best Buy or at the Lebanon Recycling Center (fees may apply).
- Got a Christmas tree? Remove all lights, ornaments, garlands, and treestands, then drop them in the brush pile at the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility.
Holiday Recycling Don’ts
Unfortunately, the following items are not recyclable and must be disposed as trash at the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility.
- Foil-backed wrapping paper is NOT recyclable.
- Aluminum food plates, trays, and foil WITH food on them are not recyclable. Please remove all food before recycling these items.
- Christmas trees with lights and ornaments on them are NOT recyclable. Please remove lights and decorations before recycling.
- Ribbon is NOT recyclable.
If you have questions about recycling at the Lebanon Recycling Center, just ask. Our staff is here to help. You can also visit our "What Goes Where?" page.
The Lebanon Solid Waste Division would like to wish all our customers a very happy and healthy 2023.