The Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission (UVLSRPC) has posted a draft of its Regional Corridor Transportation Plan for public review and comment on its Regional Corridor Transportation Plan page. UVLSRPC will be accepting public comments on the draft plan through Monday, December 6th. Comments should be emailed to Alex Belensz at email@example.com.
A public hearing on the adoption of this plan by the UVLSRPC Transportation Advisory Committee is tentatively planned for early January and will be noticed separately.
UVLSRPC is charged with creating a long-range regional transportation plan for the 27-town Upper Valley Lake Sunapee region. The Regional Corridor Transportation Plan focuses on the region’s major transportation corridors to present a 15-year vision for an improved transportation system. The Regional Corridor Transportation Plan will become the primary guiding document for UVLSRPC’s transportation planning program and Transportation Advisory Committee over the next 5 years as we seek to develop, advance, and implement improvements to the regional transportation system. This plan seeks to:
- Identify needed improvements to the regional transportation system - based on public input, data analysis, and existing plans and studies, and
- Create corridor-based action plans to help needed transportation improvement projects compete for various funding opportunities, such as New Hampshire’s Ten-Year Transportation Improvement Program (“Ten-Year Plan”).
Guide to reviewing and providing comments on this plan:
- Read the Plan Introduction section to familiarize yourself with the format and purpose of the Plan, including the Corridor Action Plans.
- Identify the regional transportation corridors that you are most familiar with, and focus your review on those chapters. You are welcome to review all eight regional transportation corridor chapters; however, we would prefer that you perform a detailed review of a few select chapters that you are familiar with versus skimming all eight.
- Please email comments to Alex Belensz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, December 6, 2021.