The City of Lebanon Mask Ordinance remains in effect but has been amended.
On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, Lebanon City Council voted to amend Ordinance 2021-09, Face Masks, as follows:
Property owners holding PRIVATE EVENTS are permitted to exempt participants from wearing face masks under the limited circumstances as detailed below:
- Private events are gatherings of persons such as employees of a company or other organization where the general public is not permitted to participate for a one-time special event such as a holiday party.
- The entity hosting the event requires participants to be fully vaccinated. Participants who are not fully vaccinated or their vaccination status is unknown are required to wear a face mask as otherwise prescribed in this ordinance.
- Participants shall not have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- The person or entity responsible for sponsoring the event is responsible for ensuring the provisions of this ordinance are complied with.
- Operators of venues allowing private events to occur must make the organizers of those events aware of the requirements of this ordinance. Further, any employees or volunteers serving food or drink must wear a face mask whether vaccinated or not.
The purpose of Ordinance 2021-09, Face Masks, is to reduce the risk of the spread of the COVID-19 virus and all of its current variants, potentially reducing the need for hospitalization and the number of fatalities. This ordinance shall continue in effect until rescinded by the action of the Council.
Please visit LebanonNH.gov/Masks to learn more about the mask requirements and for additional resources. Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part to help keep our community healthy and vibrant.