Come join Lebanon Recreation, Arts, and Parks for wagon rides, stories, games, pumpkin bowling, spin art and more! Bring a carved pumpkin and sign up to win #LightupLeb. #LightUpLeb will celebrate with the community by decorating Colburn Park for Halloween. We'll create a safe, socially distanced Halloween. Community members can claim a stone pillar and drop off their Jack-O'-Lanterns on Halloween.
How to join: 1. Carve a pumpkin with your family or throw a jack-o'-lantern jam with friends! 2. Sign up to pledge your pumpkin! 3. Share this event! The more pumpkins the better.
Want to do more than just a pumpkin? Add cobwebs, bones, and any other decorations within your designated area--as long as you remove all materials by 9pm and do not disturb or destroy existing features (grass, painted areas, fencing, etc.).
Prizes: Receive a gift card to a local business for the Scariest, Funniest, or Most Creative!
IMPORTANT: Please adhere to the following guidelines to help us make this a successful and enjoyable event for everyone, including our young audience members.
- Pumpkins should pass a “G” or “PG” rating. No profane, political, or controversial subject matter.
- The pedestals are 8”x8” with an uneven but flat granite surface. We will make a solid attempt at balancing your pumpkin on the pedestal, but if it doesn’t stay it will be displayed on the ground.
- Drop off will be at Colburn Park anytime between 12pm and 4pm on Oct 31. First-come-first-serve!
- If you plan to collect your pumpkin at the end of the night, plan on collecting it at 9pm Halloween night (make sure you check the box in the checkout window). We will be donating all other pumpkins to a pig farm after the event.
- Battery operated lights, provided by Lebanon Recreation, will be placed into each pumpkin around 6pm. There is no access to power outlets. Add your own battery lights if you like.
- Please encourage your family and friends to take a self-guided walking tour of LightUpLeb in Colburn Park on Halloween!
- We want to highlight your creation as a work of art … your Halloween art. We will make reasonable efforts to protect the site from vandalism, but mischief is possible and we cannot ensure that all Jack-O'-Lanterns will survive the night. Visitors are encouraged to enjoy viewing all pumpkins while maintaining social distance.