On Saturday, September 25th, the Rotary Club of Lebanon, NH and the Lebanon Conservation Commission will host the Mascoma River Cleanup in coordination with the Connecticut River Conservancy's annual Source to Sea Cleanup.
What: Clean up the Mascoma!
When: Saturday, September 25, 9:30AM
Where: Meet at the CCBA pavilion in Lebanon.
From there, volunteers will be assigned to a team and a section of the Mascoma River in Lebanon. Volunteers are also needed to staff the pavilion area. For more details, please review the Registered Cleanups Map on the Connecticut River Conservancy website.
- BRING: Gloves, shoes that can get wet, life jacket
- ALSO NEEDED: Canoe if you have one; each team will need a prybar, rope
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- At the pavilion, you will be assigned to a team of 4-5 people and assigned to a section of the river to be cleaned. We clean the river from Exit 17 to the Connecticut River. Each team will need an assigned leader, who will be given a map of the pertinent section.
- There are 12 sections, each approximately a half mile long. Some teams will clean up two adjoining sections.
- At the pavilion, you’ll be given garbage bags. Please try to keep metal and ordinary trash separate in different bags. Make sure you get bags.
- Bring the collected trash to the exit point of your section and call the phone number you were given at the CCBA for pick up by truck.
- At the CCBA parking lot, there will be a dumpster for trash, and one for metal (indicated on the outside)
- Tires need to be deposited in the city dump truck designed for tires at the CCBA parking lot.
At registration: coffee and donuts
At noon: pizza and something to drink
TOILETS: We may use the ones at the CCBA