You will see some new faces when you visit the City Clerk’s office. Please join us in welcoming Jenna Drouin and Jenna Kyle as our two newest Assistant City Clerks! Jenna Drouin was previously a Docket Clerk with the Vermont Superior Court and Jenna Kyle comes from an extensive banking background. Jenna D. and Jenna K. bring many beneficial skills and we are excited to have both as part of our team!
Due to the complex nature of our transactions, it often takes about a year to just learn the basics of the position and many more years to flesh-out that knowledge. In addition to our new staff, in October we will be transitioning to brand new software.
Because we are currently training two new Assistant City Clerks AND transitioning to new software, you may experience longer than usual wait times in our office or on the phone. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work together to process your transactions accurately and efficiently.
If you do not have transactions that require you to appear in-person, we suggest you consider conducting your business through the mail or online. Payments and requests can also be left in our green drop box, located at the side entrance to City Hall. Please do not leave cash in the drop box and be sure to enclose your transaction in an envelope to keep everything together. The drop box is checked at the beginning of each business day.
To better help you complete your transactions in a timely manner, here are some helpful tips and suggestions:
- Office Hours Reminder: We are currently open to the public and we do not accept appointments. We are open Monday through Thursday from 7:00AM to 5:00PM. We are closed Friday. (Please note: Marriage License hours are Monday through Thursday between 8:00AM and 4:00PM.)
- Motor Vehicle Renewals: Can be renewed through the mail, online or by using our drop box. If renewing in-person, please bring your renewal notice or previous registration as well as your photo ID. If paying by check, it is helpful to have your check already completed.
- New Vehicle Registrations: It is recommended that you plan for your visit, to ensure you have everything you need to complete your registration. Our website has a lot of great information about the documents and procedures required to register a vehicle for the first time.
- Motor Vehicle Estimates: Our online tool allows you to obtain an estimate for a new (or new-to-you) vehicle registration!
- Vital Records: Certified copies of birth, marriage, death and divorce can be purchased through the mail or online. If coming in-person, please feel free to complete a form in advance, to save time when you arrive at our office.
- Marriage Licenses: Offered Monday through Thursday from 8:00AM to 4:00PM. Please consult our website for required documentation.
- Landfill Permits: Permits can be obtained online at no charge or if you are a Lebanon resident, you can purchase one in our office for $10.00. We are unable to process in-person landfill permits for non-residents. Permits are now required to access the landfill and recycling center. Please visit the Solid Waste Permits page for further information.
- Landfill Tickets: Can be purchased at the City Clerk’s Office in-person for $15.00 each. You can also purchase them at West Lebanon Feed & Supply, Jake’s and LaValley’s for $16.00 each. Landfill tickets are non-refundable and you will need a landfill permit to use them at the landfill.
- Property Tax Bills: Can be paid online, by mail or by leaving payment in the green drop box. July tax bills were due July 12th and are now accumulating interest. It is recommended that you contact our office for exact interest due before leaving payment in the drop box or mailing.