The Annual Jim Wechsler Bike Rodeo and Safety Fair is back and this year will be happening in conjunction with the grand opening of the Lebanon Mall Tunnel. Join us on July 15th for a fun, two-for-one celebration of both! The events will be held at the eastern opening of the rehabilitated tunnel, just off of the Taylor Street parking lot in downtown Lebanon. A master schedule of events including location details are available on the Lebanon Tunnel Grand Opening page.
Bike Rodeo Events
The following rodeo-related activities will be happening on July 15th, except where otherwise noted:
- 4pm-5pm: Mascoma River Greenway Bike Ride, beginner-friendly and comes with a Dairy Twirl ice cream voucher for kids! The ride starts promptly at 4pm. Registration and waiver will be required at the Lebanon Pedestrian and Bicyclist Advisory Committee (LPBAC) event table.
- 4pm-6pm: Helmet distribution at the LPBAC table with CHaD. See the order form link below.
- 4pm-6pm: Bike Rodeo Skills Course on the CCBA basketball courts. A returning favorite! New cyclists practice traffic safety, turns/obstacles, and managing distractions.
- 4pm-6pm: Bike Checks by Omer & Bob's. Make sure your bike is road and trail ready!
- 4pm-6pm: Bike Registrations with Lebanon Police. Don’t have regrets—protect your bike investments.
- 5pm-7pm on *July 9th* is still happening: Northern Rail Trail Bike Ride, intermediate-advanced, with a stop at Mickey’s in Enfield for a treat before the return trip back to Lebanon. Registration and waiver are required. You can register online
It is a goal of the Lebanon Master Plan “to promote active living, biking and walking as part of the daily routine, which has dramatic improvements in public health”. A key feature of the Rodeo is the generous donation of over 100 new multi-sport helmets by Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock via Kohls. Sizes small, medium, and large are available. Order a free children’s helmet and pick up your helmet(s) on July 15th. Safety and skill-building are a City priority. For more related resources, please visit our Ped and Bike page.
The Lebanon Planning and Development Department staff are organizing the Rodeo with support from (and many thanks to) the Recreation, Arts, and Parks Department as well as various community partners including: CHaD (helmets and lights), Dairy Twirl (ice cream sponsor), CCBA (bike safety/skills course), LPBAC (group ride), Friends of the Northern Rail Trail (group ride), Omer & Bob’s (bike checks), Lebanon Police Department (Bike Registrations), Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital (bike supplies), Upper Valley Mountain Bike Association (volunteers), and Upper Valley E-Bike Initiative (displays), among others.