The 2020 holiday season is rapidly coming to a close. You are left with wonderful memories, beautiful songs, delicious food, and... loads of trash. The great thing about trash is, most of it is easily recyclable. Here are a few dos and don'ts to remember as you clean up after the holiday season.
Holiday Recycling Dos
- Recycle wrapping paper with mixed paper
- Recycle holiday cards with mixed paper
- Recycle gift boxes with cardboard
- Old electronics? Recycle them at Best Buy or at the Lebanon Recycling Center (fees may apply)
- Got a Christmas tree? Remove all lights, ornaments, garland, and treestands then drop the tree at the brush pile at the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility.
Holiday Recycling Don’ts
- Foil-backed wrapping paper is NOT recyclable
- Aluminum food plates, trays, and foil WITH food on them are not recyclable. Please remove all food items before recycling these items.
- Christmas trees with lights and ornaments on them.
- Ribbon is NOT recyclable
If you have questions about recycling at the Lebanon Recycling Center, please ask us. Our staff is here to help! You can also visit our "What Goes Where?" page to learn more.
The Lebanon Solid Waste Division wishes all our customers a very happy and healthy 2021.