We are excited to announce that City Hall renovations are wrapping up and all City Hall Offices have moved from our temporary location at 20 West Park Street back to our newly renovated City Hall building located at 51 North Park Street.
As many are aware, City Hall Offices have been closed to the public during the COVID-19 Pandemic and will remain closed until we are fully re-established at 51 North Park Street. The planned reopening date for the public is Monday, November 16, 2020.
We are also pleased to announce that the completed building renovations will provide enhanced public health safety features such as glass barriers, improved air exchange systems, and other enhancements that will allow us to provide government services with reduced risk for transmission of the coronavirus.
New Hours of Service
When City Hall is fully reopened, new service hours will take effect. Beginning November 16, 2020, all City Hall Offices will be open to the public from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Thursday, and closed on Fridays.
These new service hours are being implemented to:
- improve customer service through increased hours of operation (earlier in the morning and later in the afternoon);
- increase productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of City departments and staff; and
- reduce travel days (reducing traffic, noise, emissions, and expenses).
All currently available online services will remain in place when we open for in-person transactions with additional online capabilities planned for the future.
Office and Meeting Space Relocation
The following is a guide to help you find your way around the new City Hall layout when our doors open.
- The Planning and Development Office will now be located on Level 5 (the top floor, formerly Council Chambers & meeting rooms).
- Council chambers and meeting rooms will be located on Level 1 (the basement level).
- All offices that were previously located on Level 2 (Clerk/Finance/Assessing/HR/City Manager) will remain. One significant change is that all business conducted with the Clerk’s Office, Assessing Office, and Utility/Tax Payments will be at designated, fully enclosed windows with a pass-through service area.
- Entrances to the building, including Handicapped Accessible entrance, will remain the same.
- The main lobby located on Level 3 (via the front entrance) is primarily for use by the Opera House (a ticket booth/concession area on one side and office on the other). Public restrooms will remain in their current locations.
Media for Public Meetings
While we implement new equipment and software in our meeting rooms to allow for better live streaming of City meetings, remote access through Microsoft Teams will continue to be the platform utilized until January 2021. In-person meetings will resume as soon as feasibly possible. Please visit LebanonNH.gov/LIVE for meeting information.