Even though we are closed to the public, we are still on-site offering support over the phone, through email and the mail. We are doing our absolute best to continue providing services to our customers. Many transactions are simple and can be completed online or through the mail. Others are more complex and will require you to call our office at 603-448-3054 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A very helpful resource that we are utilizing is our drop box. The drop box is green with the City of Lebanon seal and is located near the entrance to our offices at 20 West Park Street. We check the drop box several times per day and process transactions immediately. If you use the drop box, please be sure to enclose your transaction in an envelope to keep everything together. It is helpful to include a phone number and/or email address that we can use to contact you in a timely manner in the event more information is required to complete the transaction. Please write “City Clerk’s Department” on envelope. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.
- Motor Vehicle Renewals: Can be renewed through the mail, online or by leaving payment in our drop box. Please make checks payable to the City of Lebanon. If paying online, it is free to use your checking account, however, there is a 2.95% processing fee for using a card. Online Motor Vehicle Payments.
- Boat Renewals/New Boat Registrations: Can be renewed through the mail or by leaving payment in our drop box. Please call our office prior to mailing or leaving in the drop box so we can go over paperwork with you.
- Vital Records: Certified copies of birth, marriage, death and divorce can be purchased through the mail, online or using our drop box. Please visit our Vital Records Page for more information.
- Corrections to Vital Records: To make a correction or amendment to a birth, marriage or death record please call our office. We will not be able to make a correction over the phone; however, we will guide you through the process to complete your request through the mail.
- Marriage Licenses: Currently, we are not issuing marriage licenses. We apologize for the inconvenience; as soon as we open to the public, we will resume this service.
- Notary Public Services: All Notary Services are currently suspended. We apologize for the inconvenience; as soon as we open to the public, we will resume this service.
- Dogs: Letters for dog license renewals will be mailed by the end of March. Dog license renewals can be processed through the mail, using our drop box or online using your last year’s tag number; new dogs can only be licensed through the mail or using our drop box. Please visit our Dog Licensing Page for further information.
- New Vehicle Registrations: If you are not processing a renewal and/or need to register a vehicle in Lebanon for the first time, it is suggested that you contact our office for guidance. Please plan to spend approximately 10 minutes on the phone so we can gather information about your transaction and determine the course of action we need to take in order to register your vehicle in a timely manner. It is highly recommended that you have your vehicle documents and drivers license available when you call. Vehicles purchased as of February 26, 2020 have been granted extensions on the temporary plates through April 30th. While this is a great relief, please do not wait until the last moment to register your vehicle. We anticipate long lines when we are once again open to the public and there is a risk that we may not be able to accommodate your transaction if our lines our too long. Please use that extra time to contact our office and make arrangements to process through the mail. Please visit our Motor Vehicle Registrations Page for further information.
Please be advised that the New Hampshire Department of Motor Vehicles is transitioning to Appointment Only Services. Please view the DMV’s press release for further information.