At this festive time of year, we generate a whole lot of trash. Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, Americans throw away 25% more trash than any other time of the year. With a little planning, much of the waste that is generated can easily be recycled. Although wrapping paper can be recycled there are a few things to remember.
Here are a few things to consider before making your holiday purchases.
- Foil wrapping paper is NOT recyclable at the Lebanon Recycling Center.
- Ribbons and bows are also NOT recyclable. Americans use nearly 40,000 miles of ribbon on gifts. Please remove them when recycling wrapping paper.
- TIP: Simply don’t use ribbons and/or bows; attach candy canes or other items to a gift to “pretty it up”. 👍
- Holiday Cards can be recycled with mixed paper. Each year, we share more than 2 billion cards with our friends, family, and neighbors.
- TIP: Send an e-card. 👍
- TIP: Call a friend instead of sending a card. 👍
Thank you for doing your part to help our environment by remembering to #RecycleYourHolidays!