Lebanon Recreation and Parks is pleased to announce our effort to rid our parks of Poison Ivy without the use of traditional herbicides, and will continue working with our goats and sheep, at Riverside Community Park.
The goats and sheep will be tethered to trees, and the animal’s caregivers will also be onsite 24/7.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you stop by to see them:
- Respect the herders and listen to what they say; they are here to keep the animals safe and need your cooperation.
- Please do not try to pet the animals, they are working animals and not pets.
- Keep dogs on a leash at all times.
- Please remember good trail etiquette and slowdown in the work zone.
- If you would like to stop and watch the animals, please stand off the trail to allow other users to pass safely.
Goat Photo Gallery (2019 photos)