Voter Registration Information
Where do I register to vote?
City Clerk's Office: Appear in person during our regular business hours. Please note, there is a ten-day cut-off period prior to each election when the City Clerk's Office is unable to process voter registrations. If you're not able to visit our office prior to the cut-off, don't worry, there are still other opportunities for voter registration. Please continue reading this section.
Supervisor of the Checklist Sessions:Supervisor Sessions are held in the City Clerk's office at 51 North Park Street. Once a Supervisor Session has been scheduled, the information will be posted on our website.
Same-day Voter Registration:The State of New Hampshire allows for residents to register to vote at their polling location on Election Day. (These voters are permitted to vote that day as well.) To determine your polling location, you can: contact our office, use the City Wards by Street List or visit the State of NH Voter Information Look-Up Website.
Absentee:If you are unable to come to our office, attend a Supervisor Session or appear in person at your polling place, please contact our office for information on how to register to vote by absentee.
How do I register to vote?
To register to vote, you fill out a voter registration card and present proof of identity, citizenship, age, and residency in Lebanon, NH. If you do not have proof of citizenship, you will be asked to complete an affidavit.
What documentation do I need to register to vote?
To register to vote, you must prove your identity, age, and residency (see Voter ID Law RSA 659:13 and Verifiable Action of Domicile RSA 654:7 V). The following documents can be used for proof:
To prove identity:
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Any photo identification
To prove age:
- Driver's License
- Birth Certificate
To prove residency:
- NH Driver's license or non-driver's license
- Other government issued form of identification
- NH auto registration
- Dated rent receipt or lease agreement
- Dated pay stub or utility bill
- Water/sewer or property tax bill
- Hunting or fishing license
- Bank statement
- State or federal tax form
- Statement from a homeless shelter or similar service provided to receive US mail on your behalf
- Proof that you have a dependent child minor enrolled in a publicly funded elementary or secondary school in Lebanon or West Lebanon
- For individuals in assisted living facilities: a written statement on letterhead attesting to your residency can be accepted in lieu of the above listed items
In which ward do I reside?
The City of Lebanon has three separate voting wards. To determine which ward you are in, please refer to the Ward Map or City Wards by Street List, visit the State of NH Voter Information Look-Up Website or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 603-448-3054.
Polling locations for the wards are as follows:
Ward 1: Kilton Public Library
80 Main Street, West Lebanon, NH 03784
Ward 2: Methodist Church
18 School Street, Lebanon, NH 03766
Ward 3: Council Chambers (5th Floor City Hall - Elevator Available)
City Hall, 51 North Park Street, Lebanon, NH 03766
Polling hours for all three wards will be 7:00 am until 7:00 pm.