Vehicle Registration Tax Deduction

Did you know if you itemize deductions on your Federal Tax Return, that you can claim most of the fees you pay on the Municipal portion of your registration? That portion is known as your Personal Property Tax.

Determining Your Tax Deduction 

To determine the amount you can claim, please locate your registration that you paid for between January 1, 20XX and December 31, 20XX. Locate the Municipal Fees column. The Personal Property Tax will be listed on your registration as "MOS/MILLS."

If you can't locate your registration, you can contact our office at 603-448-3054 for that information, however, we need to know the plate number and vehicle description in order to locate your records. 

Registration Example