Solid Waste Regulation & Rules
In the interest of operating a safe and efficient Landfill, the City of Lebanon has established these regulations.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Commercial accounts must arrive no later than 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and no later than 1 p.m. on Saturday.
The Landfill is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- All vehicles must have a valid permit issued by their community.
- Refuse is to be deposited only in designated areas.
- Drive only on established roads.
- Removal of material from the solid waste facility is prohibited.
- Children under 12 years of age must remain in the vehicle on Landfill property.
- Children under 12 years of age must be supervised by an adult while outside of the vehicle at the Recycling Center.
- No bare feet allowed on Landfill property.
- All vehicles, except those being weighed, must stop at the window on the right side of the scale house to be checked in.
- The speed limit on Landfill roads is 20 m.p.h.
Enforcement & Penalties
Entrance into the Landfill constitutes acceptance of these rules. The City of Lebanon reserves the right to take whatever measures are necessary to ensure these regulations are complied with. These measures include, but are not limited to, inspecting loads and requiring users to segregate/remove unauthorized items.
Any person or firm violating these rules is subject to any or all of the following:
- Removal of unacceptable material.
- Suspension of right to use the landfill for a duration determined by the City Manager.
- Imposition of a fine up to $1,000 pursuant to rsa 47:17.
- Forfeit of permit fee.