Winter Parking Ban
The winter parking ban in Lebanon is in effect and enforced from December 1st to April 1st for all streets in Lebanon. There are also rules regarding City parking lots. Please review "City of Lebanon Code §168-06 Winter Parking" below for complete details and view our winter ban parking lot map as a companion reference:
- No person shall between the hours of 12 midnight and 6 a.m. from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle on any street or sidewalk within the City of Lebanon except any emergency vehicles; or
- Park any motor vehicle in the Hough Square parking lot, so-called.
- The Chief of Police may, when deemed necessary because of weather conditions, suspend enforcement of this section upon giving notification of said suspension to the City Manager.
- No person shall between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. on the mornings of Monday, Wednesday and Friday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot "A" (the parking lot adjacent to Hanover Street and the Mall) and Lot "C" (the parking lot off Flynn Street in the rear of City Hall), so-called.
- No person shall between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. on the mornings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot "B" (the parking lot adjacent to the Mascoma River, railroad track area and Carter-Witherell Center playground), so-called.
- Please do not park on, obstruct, or block sidewalks - this forces pedestrians to walk out into traffic and prevents our sidewalk tractors from plowing the sidewalks. No one is grandfathered when it comes to blocking or parking on a sidewalk. Parking on sidewalks is always prohibited.
- Sidewalks with obstructions WILL NOT be plowed.
- Cars and trash bins blocking the sidewalks cause undue safety hazards for both the plow operators and the citizens attempting to use them. Please note that according to City Code § 97-1C, curbside refuse containers and/or recycling containers, once emptied, MUST be removed by the owner from the public way within 24 hours.
- During a winter storm if you see a plow truck coming off a side street, please allow room for the plow to operate. Most times the plow will be backing up to re-enter the street it just left.
Thank you for doing your part to help us keep our streets and sidewalks clear during the winter months. For more information about Winter Operations including our Winter Parking Ban, please visit LebanonNH.gov/Winter.
Questions regarding the winter parking ban can be directed to the Public Works Department at 603-448-3112.