Lebanon Budget Information
Page Last Updated:
The City Council began the 2023 Budget review process on April 26, 2022, and April 28, 2022, with a staff presentation of the 2022-2024 Outcomes and Work Plan. At these two work sessions, City Administration presented the Council with accomplishments from the prior year, plans for the current year, and projected goals for future years. The review continued with the City Manager's presentation on May 11, 2022, regarding the City's Financial Outlook and Long Term Financial Plan for managing current and future operational and capital needs and debt service obligations.
Lebanon City Council began its review of the proposed 2023 City Budget on Tuesday, November 1, 2022 (watch the budget work session and presentation). The 2023 Proposed Budget is also available online for public review. The next budget work session will be on Wednesday, November 9, 2022. A total of six work sessions will be held during November.
All budget work sessions are open to the public to attend only; no public comment will be taken during the work sessions. Meetings are held in person at City Hall, in Council Chambers, with the option of attending remotely via a virtual platform. Public comment will be heard at the public hearing on December 14, 2022. If you would like to contact the City Council before December 14, please use the Boards and Committees Contact Form.
The public hearing and action to adopt the 2023 budget by City Council will be on Wednesday, December 14, 2022, at 6:00pm.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the City Manager's Office by calling 603-448-4220 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Budget Resources
For more information, please refer to the following documents and resources.
- 2023 Budget Presentation to Council
- 2023 Proposed City Budget
- 2023 Budget Work Session Schedule (PDF)
- Proposed Capital Improvements Program (CIP) 2023-2028
- 2022 Approved City Budget
- City Council Agendas, Minutes, & Recordings
- Capital Improvements Program
- Lebanon Outcomes and Work Plan
- Guidelines for Social Service Agency Funding
Annual Budget Review and Adoption Process
Each year, the City of Lebanon engages in a formal budget review and adoption process. The annual calendar of events typically unfolds as follows:
- February – Six-year Capital Improvements Program reviewed by the Planning Board
- March/April – Instructions to Department Heads on Preparation of Funding Requests for Future Capital Projects
- April – Presentation of Outcomes and Work Plan to City Council
- May – Presentation of Financial Outlook
- May – Submission of Proposed Capital Improvements Projects by Department Heads
- May/June – Instructions to Department Heads on the Preparation of Budget Materials
- May/June – Instructions to Outside Agencies Requesting Funding
- July – Development and Submission of Proposed Budgets by Department Heads
- July/August – Review of Proposed Capital Improvements Program by Planning Board and CIP Committee (comprised of Planning Board members and City staff)
- August/September – Review of Budget Submissions by City Manager (Departments and Outside Agencies)
- October – Finalization of Budget for Presentation to City Council (Due no later than October 31)
- November – Council Review of City Manager's Proposed Budget
- December – Public Hearing and Action to Adopt Budget