Lebanon Budget Information
Last Content Update:
The City Council began the 2024 Budget review process on April 25, 2023, and April 27, 2023, with a staff presentation of the Draft Strategic Plan Objectives. At these two work sessions, City Administration presented the Council with strategic plan objectives for ten focus areas. The Strategic Plan Objectives were approved by City Council at the May 10, 2023 meeting. The City Manager gave a presentation regarding the City’s Financial Outlook and Long Term Financial Plan for managing current and future operational and capital needs and debt service obligations.
Lebanon City Council will begin its review of the proposed 2024 City Budget on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. A total of six work sessions will be held during the month of November. All budget work sessions are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend in person at City Hall, Council Chambers, or remotely via a virtual platform. Please visit LebanonNH.gov/Live for meeting times and details.
The public hearing and action to adopt the 2024 budget by City Council will be on Wednesday, December 13, 2023.
Annual Budget Review and Adoption Process
Each year, the City of Lebanon engages in a formal budget review and adoption process. The annual calendar of events typically unfolds as follows:
- February – Six-year Capital Improvements Program reviewed by the Planning Board
- March/April – Instructions to Department Heads on Preparation of Funding Requests for Future Capital Projects
- April – Presentation of Draft Strategic Plan Objectives to City Council
- May – Presentation of Financial Outlook and Adoption of Strategic Plan Objectives
- May – Submission of Proposed Capital Improvements Projects by Department Heads
- May/June – Instructions to Department Heads on the Preparation of Budget Materials
- May/June – Instructions to Outside Agencies Requesting Funding
- July – Development, and Submission of Proposed Budgets and Strategic Plan Actions by Department Heads
- July/August – Review of Proposed Capital Improvements Program by Planning Board and CIP Committee (comprised of Planning Board members and City staff)
- August/September – Review of Budget and Strategic Plan Action Submissions by City Manager (Departments and Outside Agencies)
- October – Administration and Finance Finalization of Budget for Presentation to City Council (Due no later than October 31st)
- November – Council Review of City Manager’s Proposed Budget
- December – Public Hearing and Action to Adopt Budget
The proposed budget will be posted here when available.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the City Manager’s Office by calling 603-448-4220 or by email at email@example.com.
Additional Budget Related Resources
For more information, please refer to the following resources.