Lebanon Strategic Plan
Last Content Update:
In 2023, the City of Lebanon developed a Strategic Plan that works in concert with the City’s Master Plan. While the Master Plan focuses on land use, the Strategic Plan focuses on the operational issues of the City, as well as other issues outside of the scope of the Master Plan. The Strategic Plan replaces the Outcomes and Work Plan to focus on key functional areas of the City government. It is developed annually by staff with input from community partners, boards and committees, and the public. It presents a three-year outlook and will be approved by the City Council on an annual basis.
You can now review the 2024-2027 Summary of Strategic Objectives, which was approved by the City Council on May 10, 2023.
- 2024-2027 Summary of Strategic Objectives (mobile-friendly)
- 2024-2027 Summary of Strategic Objectives (PDF)
Please be aware that this is the first strategic plan for the city and is a work in progress. It is being built in an iterative and open way to provide residents and community members with an interactive view. We encourage your feedback.
You can easily find this page again by visiting LebanonNH.gov/StrategicPlan.
Strategic Plan Development and Approval
The City of Lebanon began its review of the staff-developed Strategic Plan on April 25 and April 27, 2023, during City Council Work Sessions. Each night featured five presentations on the DRAFT Strategic Plan Objectives and Actions.
Public input for the strategic plan was taken during the May 3, 2023 City Council meeting. City Council then reviewed and approved the Strategic Plan at a special May 10, 2023 meeting. Action items and key performance indicators for each objective are currently being developed and will be ready for the budget presentation in mid-October/early November.
Strategic Plan Transparency
The City of Lebanon began building its first Strategic Plan using Miro, a popular collaborative whiteboard tool. This tool allowed the City to work through its strategic planning process in an open, transparent, collaborative environment. The collaborative building experience is now complete, and the strategic plan is being migrated to our Jira project management software, where departments will continue to work on the strategic action items and KPIs.
As we move forward, you will be able to view our progress through an interactive Strategic Plan Dashboard, which is currently under development.
If you have questions about the Strategic Plan, please reach out to the City Manager's Office using our Department Contact Form.
Strategic Plan Development Timeline
The following is a general timeline outlining the work done to develop the 2024-2027 Strategic Plan.
- May of 2022 - City departments provided input in the development of the Strategic Plan.
- July - September 2022 - Receive feedback from City boards, committees, and commissions.
- December 2022 - February 2023 - Community conversations with the general public, the business sector, the non-profit sector, the School Board, and the Lebanon Housing Authority.
- May of 2023 - Final review and approval by the City Council.
- Mid-October/Early November - Action items and key performance indicators to be presented during the 2024 budget presentation.