Solid Waste Permits

Beginning September 1, 2021, all Lebanon residents and residents in authorized participating communities will be required to obtain a permit to use the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility. Solid Waste Permits do not replace punch cards. Residential permits can be obtained by applying for free using our online application OR by applying in person at your local clerk's office. If you are a commercial hauler, please visit our Businesses and Haulers page for more information. 

We are currently only accepting applications from Lebanon, West Lebanon, Enfield, and Hartford residents. We will announce when other participating communities can begin applying for permits. 

How to apply.

Lebanon residents can begin applying for a Solid Waste permit online or in person. Enfield and Harford residents may only apply online right now. Proof of residency in your town or city is required when applying. Accepted forms of proof of residency include a most recent tax bill, vehicle registration, driver’s license, non-driver/state-issued photo identification card, utility bill, or lease agreement.

  • Apply Online (delayed issuance/no fee) - complete our online application form which also allows you to attach your proof of residency. An authorized agent of the Lebanon Solid Waste Facility will then review your application and, if approved, you will receive your permit by email within three working days.
  • Apply In-Person (immediate issuance/$10 fee) - Lebanon residents only may visit City Hall during regular operating hours. You will need to present proof of residency and pay a $10 fee. Check with the City Clerk's Office to find out what types of payments are accepted. You will receive your permit immediately by email or as a paper copy depending on your preference. We will update this information when other Town Clerks become available to accept in-person applications.

Permit fees.

There is no fee to apply for a permit online. There is a $10 charge for those choosing to apply in person. This fee is assessed to offset staff costs. Solid Waste Permits do not replace punch cards. You will still need to purchase punch cards as you always have and use them as your form of payment at the Solid Waste Facility.

How it works.

Bring your permit with you when you visit the Solid Waste Facility. When you arrive at the Solid Waste Facility, show your permit to the attendant at the scale house. You can present your permit on paper or show it on your digital device. The attendant will scan your permit and will let you know how many punches are required. 

Contact information.

For more information, please see Lebanon Code Chapter 97: Landfill Regulations. If you have questions about obtaining a Residential Solid Waste Permit, please contact Solid Waste Manager, Marc Morgan.